If you’re looking to add a new regimen to your diet, then we have found the perfect addition. People are adding activated charcoal to their everyday diet because the benefits are worth paying attention to. Whether you are taking it internally or externally charcoal, has become the next best thing. We searched out the answers and Dr. Josh Axe, of natural medicine, shared great knowledge of the black treasure.
We’ve compiled a list of benefits of activated charcoal that will make it definitely worth the try.
1. Detoxification Benefits
According to Dr. Axe, activated charcoal has the ability to absorb toxins and chauffeur them out of the body making you feel energetic, healthy and satisfied.
2. Relieves Gas & Bloating
Activated charcoal can also help to alleviate uncomfortable gas and bloating by binding the gas-causing by-products in foods that cause discomfort.
3. Aids in Anti-Aging
Because charcoal detoxifies, it can also slow down that aging process caused by toxins.
4. Reduces High Cholesterol
If you are looking to reduce your bad cholesterol, speak with your doctor about using activated charcoal tablets. While there are many benefits, there are also many risks.
5. Helps to remove toxins caused by alcohol poisoning
While activated charcoal does not adsorb alcohol, it does help quickly remove other toxins from the body that contribute to poisoning. When activated charcoal is taken at the same time as alcohol, some studies show it can significantly reduce blood alcohol concentrations.
Check out this Detox Charcoal Latte recipe that we found (thanks to @NikishaRiley). This Detox Charcoal Latte is a toxin eliminating elixir that tastes just like a vanilla latte!
* 3 cups almond milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
* 1 teaspoon activated charcoal
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* Sweetener of choice (date syrup, honey, stevia, etc.)
1. Add the almond milk into a saucepan and heat over medium high until steaming.
2. Add the warm milk, charcoal, vanilla, and sweetener into a blender, or if you have a handheld electric frother you can use that. Blend until creamy and frothy. Serve.
We think that taking charcoal for better health is worth a shot! Would you be willing to try activated charcoal?