The World Wide Web is home to many online natural hair communities, created to help women and men their natural hair journeys. There are numerous amounts of resources and tips online, but there are a few companies that have a unique touch in helping bring the communi together. These online communities all have one common goal to help people embrace their natural hair ome branch out to other aspects of life as well, touching on health and wellness, education and entrepreneurship. Here is a list of 10 online communities that you should check out
- Curls Understood is a platform that delivers inspiration and information to the curly, natural hair community with a special focus on new naturals. Their mission is simple. They create and curate reliable content from about the web then organize it so you can get to what you need to know quickly. Their biggest mission is to help the transition for newbies a smooth one as all the information on the web can be overwhelming.
- 4C Hair Chicks was voted by Essence Magazine to be the #1 online community for women with type 4 hair. Their mission is to highlight underrepresented beauty, provide hair care education to women with type 4 hair and to disrupt society’s definitions of beauty.
- The mission of Team Natural, Inc. is to educate and empower individuals embarking on their natural hair journey, by focusing on natural hair, beauty, fashion and overall wellness and health. At IAMTEAMNATURAL.com they emphasize individuality and personal style while highlighting the hottest natural hair trends and products on the market.
- Curlynikki.com was created to serve as an online “hair therapy session” for those struggling to embrace their naturally curly hair. It not only serves as an educational tool, but as a platform for people to share their experiences, frustrations and triumphs of being Naturally Glamorous.
- A dynamic duo of sisters created this online community to fulfill their mission: curate the Naturalista Chic through Hairspiration, HairConversion, and HairEducation! Known for their postings on natural hair care, styling ideas, nutrition and emotional wellness, these sisters make living a wholistic lifestyle fabulous and easily attainable.
- This page was created by a woman from New Jersey who just loves everything about natural hair and beauty. She started her natural hair journey on a mission to find inspiration, and decided that she didn’t need to look like the women in the pics she saw. She was Naturally Dope herself. Her page consists of all things hair, girl talk, jokes, product reviews and features.
- This award winning website, created by Jenell Stewart, has been voted a Naturalistas favorite in the community. This online community provides natural hair information for both adults and children, as well as health, lifestyle, and mental health. The website also links to YouTube, where there are a number of tutorials on natural hair DIY recipes for hair treatments and hairstyles and how to retain length.
- Natural Hair Daily was established in 2012, when they realized there was a lack of positive images of women who looked like them in the mass media. The founders decided to take matters into their own hands and be the change. They started off by simply asking people to post pictures and use #naturalhairdaily and #nhdaily to be reposted on their Instagram page. This started a flood of images of all types of people with all types of natural hair textures.
READ Your Beauty Ritual Can 'Naturally' Begin With Stephanie Flor, Founder of Around The World Beauty
- Natural Girls Rock is a lifestyle brand created to educate and support women who choose to wear their hair in its natural state. The simple message from this online community is that your hair is beautifully yours, so embrace it as so.
10. Last but not least, as Co-Founder, I cannot go without mentioning our online platform AFRICANSGONENATURAL.COM
- AfricansGoneNatural, Inc. which was founded in 2015, by two best friends, who want to help African women worldwide to embrace their God given natural hair. With terms such as our dubbed #Afrikinky and #AfricansGoneNatural, our goal is to help share, educate and inspire people to have a successful natural hair journey. We do this by posting daily pictures on our Instagram pages focused on daily themes, as well as our other social media platforms. We also look #BeyondTheKink, as we also share fitness, entrepreneurship and mentoring tips to our population. Our mission is to give back to the community, and leave no woman behind.
This list compses of a wonderful group of passionate people with a desire to help educate the world on the wonders and beauties of natural hair and everything beyond. What are you waiting for? Start your journey today, it’s only a click away!